If you're career oriented then LCC might be a great fit for you. LCC offers professional growth and development opportunities and an excellent benefit package.
Most organizations don't spend a lot of time thinking about wage and hour issues even though they should. Compliance with federal and state laws do not come about by chance on the contrary, it requires your attention. We have developed the Self- Review Wage and Hour Questionnaire that should help you determine if you may have compliance issues or not.
Self-Review Wage and Hour Questionnaire
- Federal and State Laws - Are you familiar with federal and state wage and hour laws such as, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) , Davis-Bacon and "Little Davis-Bacon" laws especially prevailing wage requirements, exemption provisions, etc.
- Employee Exemption Status - Have employee job classifications been reviewed to ensure proper exemption status
- Non-Exempt Employees - Have non-exempt employees' pay procedures been reviewed for - travel time overnight, on-call pay, bonus payments in lieu of overtime pay, etc
- Overtime Pay - Are managers or supervisors denying employees overtime pay because it was not approved in advance
- Pre and Post Work Duties - Are employees paid for pre and post work duties
- Travel Time - If you are a building contractor are paying employees for travel to and from construction project job sites
- Comp Time - Are employees required to take "comp time" off in lieu of being paid for overtime hours
- Full and Part Timers - Are you paying at least minimum wage to non-exempt employees (hourly employees) both full and part-timers
- Independent Contractors - Are you paying certain people as contract labor or as independent contractors, if so are you sure they are properly classified as such or are they in fact, employees
- Prevailing Wages - Are you paying prevailing wages on government funded projects
- Recordkeeping Policies - Has proper and acceptable recordkeeping and record retention policies been established
- Employee Leave - Has employee leave policies been developed and published
- Sales commission - Have your internal sales personnel commission pay policies been reviewed to ensure these individuals are not entitled to overtime pay
Our Questionnaire highlights some of the most common issues we see in our practice and should be used as a basic guide and not as an all-encompassing compliance test of your organization compliance. If after preparing our Questionnaire, you find there are several questions that give you concern, call us. Our experienced professionals perform hundreds of wage and hour assignments annually throughout the United States and accordingly have the first hand experience to answer any of your questions or concerns.
We offer clients a proven and unparalleled record of superior service at cost effective prices. We encourage you to call us for a quote on services. 877-529-9301 or email@example.com we look forward to hearing from you.
LaPadula Carlson +Co has offered Assurance services for four decades. Our clients can rest assured our team of professional auditors and accountants will evaluated the reliability, credibility, relevance, and timeliness of your financial statements and underlying systems and procedures.